Join the South African Space Agency in exciting Engineering projects within the South African National Antarctic Programme (SANAP)
SANSA is looking for forward thinking individuals who can form part of the next generation of African Space Engineers and funding is open for a limited time only.
Apply now for one of our Masters bursaries for the 2018 academic year in the specialised fields of Radar, RF and Microwave Systems and Machine Learning.
The following projects will be funded:
- FPGA Development for TIGER-3*
- Use of SANSA HF Radar platform for OTH Radar to perform coastal surveillance*
- Development of HF Radar Timing Unit*
- Antenna for a Ground Based HF-beacon for Propagation Studies
- An HF balun (balanced-to-unbalanced) and a matching filter for a SuperDARN TTFD antenna
- VLF event classification with machine learning
Students currently pursuing their qualifications in - or planning on registering during 2018 for above or similar projects may apply.
*Projects 1-3 above require registration at University of Cape Town (UCT) as they are a continuation of previous projects.
Closing Date for Applications: 29 June 2018
Requirements and applications can be found and submitted online from the SANSA website http://www.sansa.org.za/bursaries
You can find more information on SANSA research projects: https://research.sansa.org.za/projects/theme/engineering